LegacyGT.com

looking at my first Subaru.

Jintermont

hey all, Name's Josh. first off I have mainly experience with Bmw's e30-e28-e36-e34-e39-e46 various models and have also helped extensively in the build process of 2 Bimmer magazine feature article cars both of which were turbo swapped cars. but I have had it with bavarian at least for the time being. I have always loved the look and style of Subaru's in general but especially the 4th gen legacy gt's. It has been a few years since i have been on any forums but this community seems like a pretty well versed gearhead group.

my question is what are some major things to look for when looking at a 4th gen? about to call on this 06 legacy gt 2.5 5eat white with 181k looks good and all but no mention of records or anything other than no cel or warning lights and some hail damage. i am looking at pics at the moment too. I am located in Albuquerque NM as well just in case there are any of ya out this way.

thanks

Josh I.

thanks for the add too.

Do you understand there is not much performance in a 2.5i ?

The GT's are much more fun to drive.

If you can, get a 2009 GT. Read the sticky's at the tops of the forums and your be enlightened to all the issues.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yes I am aware, I am looking for something a bit more mature and better suited to me moving from Albuquerque NM to Colorado within the next year than my current e39 530i on coilovers, while still having a decent fun factor.

Archived