LegacyGT.com

Bought a 95 240sx S14, lets build a drift car!

It's definitely different. It would be more expensive as any motor that hasn't been done before will not have a conversion kit or hybrid harnesses for sale. Mod motors also tend to be wider than a pushrod v8 because of the huge heads ... although in my f150s engine bay the 5.0 looks small.

He's already got a supra motor. I say push 700+whp and see how that 240sx chassis likes it.

buddy of mine is building an s13 with an LS9 and T56. Gonna be a freakin monster when its done. Cammed, ported blower, Nitrous, i'm thinking well over 1000hp. Good luck with your build

That sounds like it will be an animal! And thanks.

It's definitely different. It would be more expensive as any motor that hasn't been done before will not have a conversion kit or hybrid harnesses for sale. Mod motors also tend to be wider than a pushrod v8 because of the huge heads ... although in my f150s engine bay the 5.0 looks small.

He's already got a supra motor. I say push 700+whp and see how that 240sx chassis likes it.

Yup that's correct, I have a 2JZ although it's out of an Arista due to needing it to be a front sump oil pan to work in the s-chassis. While the engine is capable of 700+ HP, I am really not chasing high HP numbers and realistically would like it around 400-450 as even that is going to be a lot to learn to drift with. My plan at this point is to do a single turbo since the engine doesn't have the stock twins already and do some upgraded injectors with a standalone for the initial build and after a season or so on that setup if I need more power look to build/refresh the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the better part of 3 days pulling the remaining interior pieces, removing all sound deadening and stripping the seam sealer in preparation for the cage fab work this week. But she's ready to go, here's a video of the process:

Also picked up a Koyorad N-Flow radiator/fans, a huge FMIC, and engine mounts to place the engine in to mock up the removable core support and tubed fenders.

Archived