LegacyGT.com

Transmission expert needed.

Dolzell

This is probably going to be a really stupid question but, hey, I'm a noob.

I recently attempted fixing a noise in my transmission that closely fit a technical service bulletin about a noise in the tail shaft area of my transmission.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php

Anyhow, after replacing the bearings I now have a similar noise with less of a roaring noise but more of a lose bearing noise and an occasional high pitch squeal.

I was just reading over the TSB again and noticed a small note about a greasing process in a separate bulletin. So I looked it up and it states to use 1g of grease.

Now, my idiotic question is does this mean actually "multi purpose" grease? I considered this when replacing the bearings but didn't think it seemed right with the oil in there and there wasn't any signs of grease on the old ones. But again I'm new to transmissions.

I've been turning wrenches for 14 years but all the places I've worked have always turned away transmission work.

You're, right. I went to the back and looked. It mentions it at the bottom of the that tsb. I guess I got ahead of myself. It's only been a week and I've only driven to work but I should probably go ahead and order new bearing again haha. I appreciate you pointing that out

Archived