LegacyGT.com

anyone interested in sharing an exhaust?

sandwood

I want the center and y pipe for a 3" exhaust. I don't want mufflers. Is anyone out there interested in going in on a purchase - you get the mufflers, I get the rest? My first preference wd be a perrin system. evo2 might be an option too. lachute and avo are much more money. since I only want the center section, it doesn't matter if you have a sedan or wagon. post PM me if interested.

(and for those of you who are wondering, yes I cd get a custom setup, but places I've priced it at so far wouldn't save me that much $ and it wdn't be stainless or mandrel bent, so a little extra money on a split system seems worthwhile).

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

You'd probably have to modify your stock mufflers, because stock piping after the Y-pipe is quite small. Much smaller then the aftermarket Y-pipe I got with my Evo2.

If you don't get any bites, you could also try just getting a full catback system, then putting the mufflers up for sale.

why don't you go to local muffler shop and have them make one for you??

should be a lot cheaper than gettin an aftermarket catback even if you split the price

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

why don't you go to local muffler shop and have them make one for you??

should be a lot cheaper than gettin an aftermarket catback even if you split the price

at the risk of repeating myself, bc no local shop is giving me a price sufficiently cheap enough. wow, think I haven't thought this through at all?

Anyone know if the Perrin mufflers will bolt up to the stock Y-pipe with no issues? I believe the Perrin Y pipe is 2.5", stock is 2.25". Not sure if the Perrin mufflers will work with a stock exhaust.

the stock y pipe is less than 2". the perrin inlet shd be 2.5". But they are flanged and they mount to the factory hangers, so they shd mate up ok. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20913

Any ill effects from the different size holes, lol? I guess I am asking that, even if the flanges match together, will flow be disrupted or some other wierdness happen because I go from 2" (or less) hole to a 2.5" hole all of a sudden? I guess it would be worse if it was reversed, so this might be ok. Think the flanges are the same size?

the flanges are almost certainly different sizes but they might mate up ok. worst comes to worst, you have a welder cut off the stock flange on weld on a bigger one that matches the perrin.

IIRC, the stock y-piping is 1-7/8" or close to it (very small). Definately less than 2". A little fab work would most likely yield better fitment results, possibly marginal performance results. However, smaller pipe diameters help keep sound levels in check.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Archived