LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light

Need help figuring this out.. 82K on my car Stg 2, Exedy Stg 2 clutch. Recently

while driving in 5th gear (around 50MPH), I downshifted to 4th and accelerated.

I get a jerk, and my check Engine light comes on and the Brake lights are flashing simultaneously, also the does not actually accelerate. Has anyone ever had such an issue?

Lots have. Since you're at Stage 2 with an aftermarket clutch and you appear to own an LGT (2010? 2011? 2012?) you are most likely also monitoring/logging various ECU parameters, right?

If not, you should. COBBs AP, BtSsm, RomRaider, FreeSsm all should help you figure out what transient or persistent DTC set to trigger the CEL, while monitoring/logging various params might help you or your tuner figure out why it set in the first place.

Provided this CEL was not a CAN bus, wiring gremlin and/or not something unrelated to engine management.

Does it make a farting sound when you get on it? First place I'd look would be the coupler between the intercooler and the throttle body, the little rubber ends on the OEM part like to push out under boost and create a massive leak. Pull the TMIC, throw those rubber pieces in the trash, and put everything back together (the coupler seals fine without the rubber pieces) and see if that cures what ails you.

Sure, Perrin makes a nice one in your choice of black, blue, or "because racecar" red. Pulling the ends off the OEM piece will let you back on the road, and would likely work just fine as a permanent solution, though.

That said, the only reason I don't still have a nice blue Perrin coupler on my car from when I blew the end out of my OEM coupler is that the GrimmSpeed intercooler comes with its own application-specific coupler. Y'know, because racecar.

Need help figuring this out.. 82K on my car Stg 2, Exedy Stg 2 clutch. Recently

while driving in 5th gear (around 50MPH), I downshifted to 4th and accelerated.

I get a jerk, and my check Engine light comes on and the Brake lights are flashing simultaneously, also the does not actually accelerate. Has anyone ever had such an issue?

Plug your AP in, replicate the issue, run the code check on your AP. Let us know what code it's pulling.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Archived