LegacyGT.com

Headlight help

I've got an 05 and the low beams are absolute garbage. I think 2 bic lighters would do a more efficient job. The high beams are alright, but when the low beams are on, I can barely see the road. So I'm looking at buying new housings and possibly upgrading to LED bulbs. Does anybody have any recommendations on which LED bulbs to use? I want complete plug & play, don't want to cut any wires. For the housings, I am probably going to order TYC from rock auto. For the bulbs I am looking at OPT7 leds. Does anybody have any experience using OPT7 bulbs or have any recommendations to use?

Thanks in advance for the help.

A brighter bulb in those housings will improve visibility a bit but it'll blind oncoming traffic. The spread will still be crap too. The only real way to do it is split the housings and install proper hid projectors (even if you plan on using leds).

Yup - the LGT Projectors are actually pretty damn good = no need for LED or HID - just go with an upgraded Halogen bulb (like the projector was designed for):cool::

I run Osram Laser +130% and HIR High Beams...

Alternately the newer Philips +130% also get good reviews

BUT - try adjusting the headlights first - I had the exact same issue - and I just followed this guide and found that my lights were pointed 2 ft in front of the car (after motor removal) - properly adjusted they are back to being able to see clearly:

LGT Headlight Adjustment Guide

I bet that after adjusting them - you may not even need new bulbs - but I can attest to the fact the 130+% are really nice upgrades to a properly adjusted headlight:wub:

The TYC headlights will have poorer output than the stock headlights. If you put in a HID kit or LED bulbs into either headlight, you'll just make things worse for yourself.

Make sure your headlight lenses are clear. If they're starting to yellow, polish them with sandpaper, compound, polish, and 2K clear coat. Next, ensure you're getting at least 12V to your low beam bulbs. Then you can upgrade your bulbs to a higher output H7 bulb.

Be warned that when you upgrade your H7 bulbs, you're trading increase in light output with a decrease in bulb life length.

Make sure your headlight lenses are clear. If they're starting to yellow, polish them with sandpaper, compound, polish, and 2K clear coat. Next, ensure you're getting at least 12V to your low beam bulbs. Then you can upgrade your bulbs to a higher output H7 bulb.

Be warned that when you upgrade your H7 bulbs, you're trading increase in light output with a decrease in bulb life length.

Also good details to think about!!

I also realized that when adjusting mine I also noticed they had some haze - so I polished them using this kit - worked out great:

McKee's 37 Total Headlight Kit

The TRS retroquick is super easy to install and is awesome. I paired them up with the morimoto 55w ballasts and they are proper bright. Should be 25% off right now too for Black Friday

Archived