LegacyGT.com

Front Diff - 2005 LGT fluid

Gentlemen/Ladies-

Mine is coming up on 100K and it has come to my attention I need to think about changing out the front differential fluid. This is a 5spd automatic car.

Is the fluid used in the front differential the same part number and type as in the rear differential? I want to go OEM as I did on the rear. How many quarts required?

This car has a yellow dip stick it appears on the passenger side for the front differential. I assume you fill from that port? Or is there an overfill hole you fill from as in the rear diff?

You can use the same type of differential oil for front and rear diffs. Any gear oil that meets the spec will work, best for most climates is a 75W-90 GL-5 synthetic gear oil. Motul 300, Redline, Castrol, Valvoline, any good brand really.

You need a Torx T70 bit to remove the drain plug. Refill through the dipstick hole. It takes about 1.5 quarts for the turbo cars. To avoid overfilling, add a little less and check the dipstick. If you overfill, you can remove the excess through the dipstick hole with a suction gun.

The maintenance interval is every 30K miles. It is easy to do and will help your car to last.

Archived