LegacyGT.com

I didn't know that!

Any pleasant suprise features on the LGT that you did not know about when you bought it?

It seems that with every new car I have bought I always find some feature that the car has that I did not know about. I find something in the owners manual or I stumble accross it my self. Anybody have that experience with their LGT?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...you need a special tool to change sparkplugs; that OEM subaru wheel locks are too big and stick out and look out of place; that OEM carpeted mats are so cheap and don't match the interior and disintegrate in months; that OEM rubber mats would look good on Taupe interior; that is was so hard to hook up an iPod...

there are more, just can't think of them right now.

X

---

i still wonder what the second lever on the drivers seat does. I do not have an electric seat mover so i have the lever on the left to move the seat upwards for back support, but there is some other weird bar on the right side.. i dont know what its for.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I don't know if the 05/06 has this, but on MY03 there is a little cubby on the lower left hand side of the dash board under the light switches. (sheepishly) I didn't discover it till about a month ago and I've owned the car for a little over 2 years.. lol I thought it was a fuze box.. lol

I don't know if the 05/06 has this, but on MY03 there is a little cubby on the lower left hand side of the dash board under the light switches. (sheepishly) I didn't discover it till about a month ago and I've owned the car for a little over 2 years.. lol I thought it was a fuze box.. lol

There are fuses behind the cubby. In my 06 it's just a fuse box, no more cubby.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Yeah, the manual says 19MPG, but I'm getting 15MPG, OMGWTF.

I just drove a friend's 2005 GT Limited. He has 7,627 miles on it and the computer reads 25.2 for the average miles per gallon. It's an automatic too.

I told him he doesn't drive it correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i still wonder what the second lever on the drivers seat does. I do not have an electric seat mover so i have the lever on the left to move the seat upwards for back support, but there is some other weird bar on the right side.. i dont know what its for.

Lumbar support adjustment

ignore him, he'll go away.

as far as i know there are four levers on an LGT Non-Limited Driver's Seat.

2 on the left

pump lever to raise and lower seat

lever to adjust seatback

lever on the front

move seat forward and back

lever on the right

adjust lumbar support for lower back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I just remembered the most annoying one for teh win!!111

The damn seatbelt chime that is setup for both the driver and passenger!

Thanks god there is an easy way to disable it!

X

---

I learned a few things.

You can disable the seat belt chime. That is my favorite one.

The e-brake will turn off DRLs.

you can totally disable the DRLs since they are worthless anyway. If I have the need for headlights then I'm sure my tail lights should be in on the fun.

The ring on the gas gauge blinks when your fuel is low. Kind of pointless since that yellow gas pump light is much more noticable, but it's a nice touch.

I'm sure there are a few others, but since there are like 9 of these threads posted around here I have forgotten what I put in them all.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I just drove a friend's 2005 GT Limited. He has 7,627 miles on it and the computer reads 25.2 for the average miles per gallon. It's an automatic too.

I told him he doesn't drive it correctly.

No arguement there unless he ONLY drives the highway. Then I can see averaging 25. I've gotten mine to average something like 27-28 on the highway.

Mine averages 20.1 all city. I haven't reset the odometer for 2500 miles, so it is a pretty long term average. I drive 12 miles to and from work and it is all under 60 mph. Most of it is 40 mph and there are half a dozen stoplights in between my house and work. I'd call that all city driving. I can get even better numbers if I drive like a granny, but I didn't buy the car to drive like a granny. I can't really whomp on it with that damn stutter anyway, so I guess I kind of do drive slow for what the car could be doing.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

A few things I found that I didn't know were...

the dual trip odometers A and B

auto shut off for the headlights via the ignition.

cabin air filter (although a hassle to install, definately a pleasant surprise)

all the wonderful mods ie , turning off seatbelt chime, DRL disable.

I love being able to get the gauge cluster to brighten-up to full daylight levels even when I have either my running/marker lamps on or my headlamps on.

This makes for much better driving during daytime bad-weather conditions. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Okay, since I've seen a couple people post it, and it annoys the heck out of me... how do you disable the DRL and passenger seatbelt chimes? I don't mind having the driver SB chime, but when I've got something on the passenger seat, and it's just heavy enough to set off the chimes, it makes me want to beat the dashboard... :). Thanks!

John

Also, what was the mention about the cabin air filter? How often does that need to be changed?

Pass. side seat-belt.... You've got me on that one! Sorry!

DRL-disable? That's easy - look in the "Walk-Throughs" section. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived