LegacyGT.com

I didn't know that!

When driving for an hour, the trip computer thingy flashes 1:00 at you, to remind you to pull over and have a smoke. And if it dips below 40 it flashes at you to say there might be ice...

I fix computers for a living, hence I never RTFM.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the trick of pushing the trip odometer reset button when te car is off, and that is neat how both the odometer and the gas gauge light up.

Also if you push teh Disp button on the computer when the car is off the time indicator lights up. Also learned that the is no hook or anything where to rest the gas cap, and that the plastic strip holding the gas cap is too long for anything good.

X

---

Was searching for about 2 hours under passenger seat and couldn't find any blow doll. Is it mail or female doll?

It is a female with an impenetrable stainless "mail".:icon_surp

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Also learned that the is no hook or anything where to rest the gas cap, and that the plastic strip holding the gas cap is too long for anything good.

X

It's just long enough to let the cap hang in the wheel well, without touching your paint. :)

It's just long enough to let the cap hang in the wheel well, without touching your paint. :)

I wrap it around the door latch, works well.

I also did not know that it would be so hard most of the time to engage reverse. Sometimes I have to engage the clutch twice beore it goes into reverse. Did not know it did not come with homelink in the car.

X

---

I also did not know that it would be so hard most of the time to engage reverse. Sometimes I have to engage the clutch twice beore it goes into reverse.

X

I that happens just shift from 1st to 2nd ones twice and then put it on reverse easily.

TSi+WRX when you were doing this :munch: what you were using to hit the enter on your keyboard?

ROFL! :lol:

No, no, my wifey has forbidden me from taking her laptop into the John. :icon_tong

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hi

I am from England & have a B4 RSK ,year 2000 imported from Japan.

I have a friend who has the same car & he told me the front side-lights

get much brighter when you indicate.

i.e. if you indicate right the front r/h side(parking) light gets at least twice as bright until you

stop indicating.

Well it's true!

Is this true of other Legacy models?

I can't figure out why this should be ???????????????

Any ideas?

Yes:

con

-big-time rattles from sunroof (outside panel and inside shade, dealer cannot fix)

-low-rpm stutter

-everytime-recalcitrant reverse (never engages without taking a forward gear first or jamming it in; very annoying)

-warped front rotors at 11k miles (dealer did replace under warranty)

-seems cooling fans are always on

-driver's seat rocks slightly (may be loose bolts somewhere?)

pro

-genuinely fast if launched like you hate the clutch

-excellent steering feel

And the misterious Parking Lights switch on top of the steering wheel covers which ownz many n00bs the first time they clean their interior!

Got to love that!

X

I was defnitely pwn3d by this the night I drove it home from the dealership. I kept checking on the car for like 15 minutes to see if they were going to turn off. They never did. So I got out the owners manually and thouroughly inspected the stalk that controls the headlights. I tried every combination possible... I was ready to turn the key and let it run all night so as not to drain the battery, when i called my friend who I went for a ride with earlier in the day, and he said, "is that what that goofy switch on top of the wheel does???" :icon_tong

Only had the car for 4 days, but there were some surprises, mostly pleasant.

Pro:

-The smoothness of acceleration. Coming from a Trans Am, I'm amazed that something this powerful can be this smooth.

-The nav system... just generally very cool - never had a car with it before.

-How much attention it would get

-How quiet the car is

Con:

-The high RPMs at highway speeds

Only had the car for 4 days, but there were some surprises, mostly pleasant.

Pro:

-The nav system... just generally very cool - never had a car with it before.

Con:

-The high RPMs at highway speeds

I hate you for having a Nav system! :icon_bigg

+1 on the high RPM's. We need a sixth gear!

X

---

I didn't know that the door chime changes sound randomly. God that is the coolest feature I've found yet!

Some times it sounds normal and some times it sounds like a scolded cat....

wouldn't you rather disable the "scolded cat"? like the 2nd thing i did after bringing the car home.

Archived