LegacyGT.com

Sboarderk03's too Little too Late wagon build thread

Sboarderk03

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure, what do you think? I picked one up about 8 to 12 months ago off a reputable member but now I can't remember who it was. I haven't used it yet but it's supposed to be similar to a 16g but now I'm thinking that wont take as much advantage of the built block as I would like. Maybe I will sell that one and go with a blouch dom most likely. With the sti manifold I may go with an sti fitment turbo even with the front mount going in the car.

Let me know what you guys recommend for a turbo for good low rev range power but still pulls all the way to redlines.

I won't be exceeding factory red line by any more than 500 rpm so I prefer early boost.

I've heard a ton of good things about the 1.5XTR around here - I'm sure some owners of this can chime in and comment on how it suits your needs.

Sti fitment turbos definitely open up a large range of options. Research what it takes to convert to a sti manifold, I remember being turned off of the idea when I looked a while back. You could buy a Grimmspeed TMIC (If you're not going FMIC) and run an sti-style turbo on a stock legacy GT manifold without a problem. I haven't seen much concrete data, but there are some well schooled people around that support the idea of the LGT manifold being superior for low-end power - without being limiting until you get to extravagant output numbers (think 800+ whp).

My only experience is with a VF-52, and it loses some oomph at the higher RPM range.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments on the steering wheel guys. Anyone thinking of getting one should. When I drive in any other car and feel how skinny most factory wheels are it's such a drastic difference and bordering on uncomfortable.

One more minor improvement thanks to Kojak:

20180227_160537-1008x756.thumb.jpg.88728015b600b635e47d746b32e29c57.jpg

Thinking of doing carbon fiber caps to replace the silver ones, what do you guys think??

• 4 weeks later...
Your wagon looks great! Did you need saggy-butt spacers to level out the H&R springs? It's sitting perfect in the pics!

Thanks for the compliments on my wagon lil'red. With H&R springs the wagon definitely needs spacers. Some people like 3/8 some people like 1/2 its really up to you. With the swift wagon springs I did not use spacers. I found the height to be pretty perfect for my tastes.

As much as I love my very first 5 speed gt wagon the time has come to sell my pride and joy. Fortunately I will not be getting out all together as the only reason I am going to be selling this one is so that I can build a perfect version of the same exact car. I bought a one owner white limited California 5 speed legacy gt wagon with a near perfect body. Engine will need some work but thats the part I love. I just really want something that has never seen an east coast winter storm and this seems to be it. I will be bringing my car pretty much all back to stock but I may sell it a few different ways depending on what kind of interest I get. Im thinking the options I will do is:

-Engine stock with the oem wheels, ambit wheels, and koni/swift/whiteline suspension.

-Engine stock with oem wheels and koni/swift/whiteline suspension.

-And engine stock with oem wheels and oem struts but will still come with the whiteline sways and roll center kit as I just dont want to bother removing that stuff.

I dont know let me know what you guys think I should be asking for a 212k mile car that has what I believe to be the original block and turbo that has been meticulously cared for mechanically and as much as possible with the body being a New England car. If you go through my thread so far you know what it looks like and know what small rust spot I had fixed so like I said I am taking opinons to give myself an idea as I dont want to ask too much because I would love for someone else to get as much joy out of this car as I have but I also dont want to give it away and could use some funds for this next project. As always, thanks guys. Also let me know if you think I should document this all on this thread or start a complete new one?? I also would like to document the shipping of the car as I have never had one shipped before and find it somewhat exciting! A giant gift to myself, like waiting in the mail for something to come...car parts maybe, only much much bigger!

I'd start a new thread for the new wagon. And as far as price goes I'd start asking price around $6k and people can see the amount of work you've put into it to make it as nice as it is for a 212k mile car. Congrats on the white wagon though! Can't wait to see pictures!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Thanks Magnus. I have to go for round two with a super clean wagon as the starting point if I am to keep up with you and Johnny when you guys do your face lifts! Here are the first of a few nice shots I will be taking as I go through my personal farewell tour with the car.

20180401_165553-1902x1999.thumb.jpg.ebba8b90aeb83cbd917f1c71b10382a6.jpg

Found a nice path behind my sister's house that comes out to the street:

20180401_153047-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.3e5121942245405f3c7359c59ecaee2c.jpg

20180401_152946-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.4f20551667694ce290beefb55c02f1d2.jpg

20180401_171354-2619x1253.thumb.jpg.b245110f974093803ed7b2731eb92bce.jpg

20180401_170914-2583x1767.thumb.jpg.9b2804153facf445e97bb0ea7cafb7f4.jpg

20180401_152911-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.70f30d14d083c47ce500f8915034de68.jpg

Archived