LegacyGT.com

Piaa Sport Horn install

I would like to install the Piaa Sport 400/500 horns on my 17 legacy. Can anymore help me on what is needed to install these? or is there any other oem horn that is PNP that sounds better than the one on the 17 legacy? (from another model or year etc.)

Thanks in advance!

My Outback sounds much louder than the legacy. Don't know if you can just get one off from a junkyard somewhere for cheap and do a swap. I know the OB has a bigger battery. Don't know if the horn power is too much for the little legacy battery. Has anyone tried to do this swap?

My Outback sounds much louder than the legacy.

The 2015/2016 Legacy uses the same horns (i.e. same part numbers) as the 2015/2016 Outback.

I know the OB has a bigger battery.
The batteries are the same, Legacy vs. Outback. The 3.6s do get a slightly higher capacity battery than the 2.5s, but they're all the same physical size: BCI Group 25.

That said, if battery size is the limiting factor for horn performance ... then you have BIG problems.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The 2015/2016 Legacy uses the same horns (i.e. same part numbers) as the 2015/2016 Outback.

The batteries are the same, Legacy vs. Outback. The 3.6s do get a slightly higher capacity battery than the 2.5s, but they're all the same physical size: BCI Group 25.

That said, if battery size is the limiting factor for horn performance ... then you have BIG problems.

Ah! My OB happens to be a 3.6 :) Guess the 3.6s across the models get bigger batteries, alternators and horns.

Guess the 3.6s across the models get bigger batteries, alternators and horns.

No.

2.5 battery: JIS 55D23R (48 AH, 356 CCA), BCI Group 25

3.6 battery: JIS 75D23R (52 AH, 490 CCA), BCI Group 25

Alternators: same ratings (130 A)

Horns: same part numbers

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived