LegacyGT.com

KTP-445U install help

bobglaub

If this has been answered, forgive me. I've been researching this for days and cannot get this to work.

2005 LGT

no head unit, i'm going with a nexus 7 and a USB DAC out to RCA, which go into the amp.

Everything works except the amp, which makes sense because I have no freakin' clue what i'm doing.

I have the 14 pin connector and the i88 connecter from svxdc.

I have attempted to connect all the wires from the amp to the 14 pin connector and the i88. that didn't work. i attempted to use the black cable from the amp and ground it out. No joy. Maybe my dip switches are wrong. maybe my wiring is jacked up.

Can someone PLEASE point me in the correct direction? It's simple, but I don't understand the logic of it and and how the 14 pin adapter works.

I apologize, i'm not an electrical guy. I've never undertaken anything like this. I can rebuild an engine, but for whatever reason I can't wire a damn amp.

Thanks in advance.

Disregard. Mods, you can delete this.

I found the answer. I connected the red wire from the 14 pin connector to the blue wire to power the amp. It makes so much sense NOW for some ridiculous reason. Also, the picture from this install thread helped put it all together in my brain.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bigtdoggs-audio-install-build-thread-203568.html

Now to work out the kinks with the damn tablet not using the OTG like it does in the house.

Archived