LegacyGT.com

starting idle issues, please help

so I've searched all through the forums and i can't find anyone with the same symptom i am having.

So when i start my 2005 Legacy GT the idle goes up to about 1300 as usual but then i goes really low to about 400-500. I pulled off the intercooler and noticed that one of the end caps had a leak so i replaced that and that its all good now. BUT today when i was in the process of relearning the ECU, its still doing the same then but it was jumping from 400rpm then to 1000. it did that about 5 times and then it smoothed out at 800ish.

I've been in the process of selling this and now I'm having this issue lol lucky me.

could this be a bad 02 sensor or tps? any help would be appreciated it.

no CEL codes, it drives smooth and goes into boost just fine, all stock parts on it besides a SPT intake, i cleaned the maf a month ago, and no smoke is coming out of the tail pipes.

• 2 weeks later...

ISSUE RESOLVED! This is for future reference if anyone has the same issue!

After doing more research i ended up buying a front 02 sensor which is a Wideband sensor. It was working intermittently so it wasn't throwing a check engine light. When I removed the sensor i noticed one of the wires had wire that was exposed.

So the steps I took before solving the issue was...

1. cleaned the MAF (it was dirty as f**k)

2. checked all vacuum connections

3. pulled the intercooler to check for leaks. Mine was starting to separate on the back side. Replaced with another oem intercooler and clamped down the end caps more.

4. Replaced the front 02 sensor, and then did a reset the ecu.

Starts perfectly every time now and it drives a lot smoother :cool:

Archived