LegacyGT.com

Sonoma Raceway Track day, sub 2 minute laps

Th3Franz

First time out at Sonoma Raceway.

By 4th session I was pretty comfortable with the car and track, despite popping off an intercooler pipe two separate times in the morning. It's right off the turbo with a small bead and a T-bolt clamp. Maybe Murray clamps will work better.

I was on racing tires for the afternoon which was new for me and the car. Suspension was not optimal for the tires but the car felt pretty good! The fastest lap I logged was 1:59

I hear ya. One thought I had about the r4s pads is that the car sat awhile outside with those in before you got them so maybe they have some surface rust that just needs to be ground off. I did that track day with bp20 pads and the brakes held up great at sonoma.

I hear ya. One thought I had about the r4s pads is that the car sat awhile outside with those in before you got them so maybe they have some surface rust that just needs to be ground off. I did that track day with bp20 pads and the brakes held up great at sonoma.

Thanks for thinking of me. However, there's actually a 1mm lip at the top of the pads where they are overhanging the rotors, which is most likely the culprit of the squeal.. Plus, they started off just fine - it's only after 1-2k miles that they started acting up..

So far, the BP10s have only done it a few times with the wheel turned. Acceptable for daily driving, and really nice with even just a bit of heat in them.

I will grind down the R4S pads at some point. Just to have a backup.

Archived