LegacyGT.com

Question about CVT

that13leggy

i was doing my first oil change, thinking i was smart enough to do it. turns out i was wrong.

accidentally drained the CVT oil instead of engine oil. i realize how stupid i was in doing this, so you can all feel free to continue insulting my intelligence, i deserve it.

i ran it for literally 2 seconds and heard some alarming noises when put in reverse. shut it off immediately. with the car in neutral, i hauled it to my parking spot 200m with my friend's fozzy (he also gave me lots of crap).

at this point, im either going to get someone (smarter) with a syringe or pump to pump in another 6L (from what i can tell, there is no spot in the engine compartment to fill, so it must be done from one of the holes on the upper part of the pan). or ill tow it to a shop to have them refill it

my question is, by putting it into reverse for 2 seconds, have i caused any permanent damage to the transmission? will simply refilling the fluid fix the issue? i am really hoping I don't have to pay for transmission replacement because of a stupid mistake.

TL;DR put 13 legacy in reverse for 2 seconds after accidentally draining cvt fluid, heard alarming noises. hauled it in neutral 200m. have i done any permanent damage to the tranny?

Archived