LegacyGT.com

Looking at '05 Legacy GT

LT750

Hey everyone!

Just joined the forum, 1st post.

I have my eye on an '05 Legacy GT automatic with 122K miles. Test drove the car and seems pretty legit. May need shocks and noticed the plastic piece under the motor was loose, maybe had some work.

Is there anything I should consider before buying? Like the automatic transmission failing, timing chain, turbo?

Thanks!

Timing *** belt.

Make sure regular maintenance was done for 100k. I took mine to my uncle (a master mechanic) and he told me my diffs needed to be serviced and my transmission and some other stuff. This was buying from a dealer too. I havent heard the auto trans giving any huge issues but could be an issue if it wasnt properly maintained.

Hey everyone!

Just joined the forum, 1st post.

I have my eye on an '05 Legacy GT automatic with 122K miles. Test drove the car and seems pretty legit. May need shocks and noticed the plastic piece under the motor was loose, maybe had some work.

Is there anything I should consider before buying? Like the automatic transmission failing, timing chain, turbo?

Thanks!

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-subaru-legacy-gt-turbo/6335231918.html

lol. the craigslist ad says it's supercharged :p

seems a bit high on the pricing, but i'm not too sure what the market looks like over there.

If you do end up getting it, i would suggest you first get rid of the stock up pipe for a catless version and remove the filters on the banjo bolts. otherwise you're gambling on the longevity of the motor.

Archived