LegacyGT.com

Forza 7

wesleyCrowbar

Who all is playing? Anyone figure out how to unlock the LGT (that doesn't rely on RNG)? Add me up: wesleyCrowbar

The LGT has to be unlocked? I'm not familiar with the new system of having to unlock cars. I haven't bought FM7 yet, still playing 6.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I busted out 6 the other day and me and my 2 year old did some free play. Mainly he just spun out into walls repeatedly and yelled "race.... cars". Hadn't played in months before that.

I played FM5 about two weeks ago (it was the free game last month so I DL'd it). I actually like the structure of FM5 more than 6, it just doesn't have the car list and track list that 6 has. From what I've been reading, it sounds like FM7 harkens back to FM3 and FM4 and plays more like a classic Forza Motorsport game which has me intrigued.

My problem is that I enjoy open world racers more than track racers now. After playing GT1 through gt5 and playing FM1 through 6, I'm getting a little burnt out on Track racers, I've been playing them since 1996, that is a long time, I'd say the novelty has worn off for me. I love the Horizon series, still playing Horizon 3 and I bought the two expansion packs (both are great). But my interest in FM7 is creeping up slowly with everything I'm reading.

In previous Forza games, the more successful you were during a race, the more in-game credits you receive, and that currency could be used for upgrades or purchasing new vehicles. Pretty straightforward.

Forza Motorsport 7, however, introduces Prize Crates, creating a new loop for players. I'll let US Gamer's Mike Williams explains how it works:

"Prize Crates represent another thing to spend your [credits] on in Forza Motorsport 7. You can still buy many of the cars with [credits], but if you want to boost your experience or [credits]earnings, you need to turn to Mod Cards. As the name suggests, these cards modify races-you can equip up to three per race, each with their own objective and resulting bonuses. If you want to maximize your time spent in Forza 7, you use mod cards.

Forza Motorsport 6 also had mod cards, but most of them (Dare and Crew types) were unlimited use, with single-use mods being rather special. You'd open Card Packs, collecting a deck of full range of unlimited use mods, using them whenever you felt like it. The issue now is Forza Motorsport 7's mod cards are limited use, offering between 1 and 5 uses before they're consumed. Basically, if you want to use mods, you'll have to have a rolling supply, meaning you're always picking up prize crates."

You might have enough money to buy a fancy Ferrari, but because it's locked behind a certain tier, you can't access it until you buy enough cars from other tiers first. To buy cars, you need more money, and the best way to get more money is by engaging with Prize Crates. It's a frustrating treadmill, and one that seems ripe for exploitation, especially if you were able to buy boosters that would allow you to bypass the loop and earn money faster.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8bpv/shadow-of-war-and-forza-7-are-poisoning-the-concept-of-loot-boxes?utm_source=wptwitterus

Yeah I hate that the car I really want to drive is behind a quasi paywall. Also, I miss races that limited you based on PI, rather than homologation. I suppose it's more realistic, but I'm not a fan. In previous Forzas, I would take an Abarth and an STi swapped Beetle through most of the career and lots of Rivals. That doesn't seem to be an option anymore, which sucks now that LGTs are back in the game.

• 1 month later...
I still don't have the game, still playing FM6, but thought you guys might be interested to know that the LGT is available in the specialty dealer until next Tuesday, grab it while you can.

Archived