LegacyGT.com

I have a miss please help!!!

If you continue this approach to problem solving, you'll save a ton of money by taking it to a shop.

That's IF he can find a shop that does a proper diagnosis. I've had too many shops that fix by part replacement roulette.

legacyGT#1, at this point you really need to invest in the ability to log the engine parameters/sensors. ODB2 Bluetooth or WIFI dongle or USB cable and software (btSSM or others) that lets you read the output, will help you understand what specifically is contributing to your problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Just an update guys, I finally got the correct MAF sensor. Turns out rockauto and amazon stock sensors are the wrong ones and you have to ordetermine the one for a turbo forester. The car now idols great but after driving for about 10 min while engaging the turbo car started running bad and was smoking under the hood and popping through the intake. So I checked under the hood and the EGT bung was glowing red and the uppipe was barely glowing so I decided to replace it with the Invidia uppipe seeing as the pre-cat was probably clogged up and these are infamous for doing so, I was gonna replace it anyways. Any other suggestions would be great thanks for all you git's help and input.

Yes fuel filter is at the bottom of the in tank fuel pump.

Check out the thread about fuel pump replacement in the DIY forum under Performance Mods. It's easy to find, there are pictures there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well, what do you know. Firing yet another random part at it didn't work.

Actually changing out the MAF fixed my rough idle problem so it did. I don't claim to be some great mechanic but I have built a few motors, just not Subaru's.

If you continue this approach to problem solving, you'll save a ton of money by taking it to a shop.

I don't have a local subaru mechanic so I would rather figure it out on my own. If you're not here to help don't waste your time or mine, thanks.

I thought that was the case, thanks max. That's what I think might be my issue is either the filter or the pump. Reason why is the car was running great before it started having the rough idle in gear. When in park or neutral it idles great until put under a load. Anyone know of a way to check fuel pump output psi? Obviously I would be systematic about checking a fueling issue ex (injectors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump and filter). Reason why I think that is because I was driving the car when the car started running rough.

Actually changing out the MAF fixed my rough idle problem so it did.

If you think running it so rich you turn your cat red hot is fixing it, then you have an expensive surprise coming.

If you're not here to help don't waste your time or mine, thanks.

Like several others, I offered helpful advice which you ignored in favor of the parts cannon. You even went so far as deleting it when quoting me above.

Obviously that was wasting my time and yours. I will no longer do so, but I will respectfully request that you post pics of the aftermath.

The car idles better. That is all im not driving it, it's parked I'm sorry man not trying to argue just stating a fact. I havent deleted any of your comments they are all on page 1 & 2. My budget only allows for about $100 for parts a month and i wanted to try and fix it asap. Which didnt work. Car is running lean not rich that is why I believe the pipe got hot but again I'm just a back yard mechanic. That is why I asked for help. Im sorry infosecdad, I mistyped, I haven't changed the up pipe just yet that will be in the coming weeks just had surgery, but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Archived