LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I liked the coverage of Kimi and Hamilton, we missed out on the mid-pack battles entirely. Vettel recovered nicely but Hamilton's going to take it. Vettel needs wins and Hamilton to finish outside of the points (or very low) the next 3 races.

Not gonna happen. Lewis needs only five points to clinch it. 75 points available in the next three races and Hammy has a 70 pointy lead. And unlike Vettel, Lewis was smart in his battle with Max in the last laps.

Congrrats to Kimi and one helluva drive for Max. Can Riccardio have worse luck? And can Red Bull be more dickish (not letting Daniel participate in the end of season tire test for Renault)?

And this is why Kimi is the way he is. Not much talking, just do it.

Small talk outside social situations between close friends is virtually non-existent. Interactions with baristas? Limited to the name of the coffee you want to order. Sitting, walking or standing in a way that requires acknowledging a stranger’s presence? Never. (A meme featuring people standing outside a bus shelter rather than under it is an often-posted joke in Finland to illustrate this point.) If you’re a foreigner, congratulations – you’re probably the loudest person on their often (voluntarily) silent public transport.

With two million saunas in the country, which are enjoyed fully nude (generally gender-segregated, although that rule tends to be thrown out in the company of friends), the Finnish seem to have no problem with getting up close and personal. But when clothes are on, the bets are off.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20181016-how-the-finnish-survive-without-small-talk

453747.png

oh crap, in the green room, Kimi says to Hammy: "Did you win the championship?"

Hammy: "... No."

And the FIA attache said to Verstappen, "I just want to confirm that unlike last year, today you can stay". That's why they were all laughing.

I had to rewind it on my DVR a couple times to make sure that's what was said... hilarious. :lol:

This makes me chortle. Verstappen saying Honda is better off for splitting with McLaren and going with Red Bull and Toro Rosso. Really? Going from one team that bitched about engines to another team that constantly bitches about engines? Honda better ante up becz if they don't, Horner and his drivers will be crying about Honda like they did about their Renault power units.

I wonder if Honda has a contract clause with Red Bull about the team bitching in public?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen-honda-better-off-for-mclaren-split/

Given Honda and Renault, I think it's more about power units constantly failing and grid penalty and grid penalty. Toro Rosso at the USGP anyone, both cars starting at the back of the grid due to power unit changes? Renault giving up on Daniel and Red Bull during the race?