LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricciardo on peeing in the race car and Kimi...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/when-ricciardo-and-raikkonen-queued-for-the-toilet/

However, I have read of drivers in the Indy 500 admitting they peed in the car back when the races took 3-4 hours. I imagine endure drivers might pee in the car, too. Hate to be the next driver. Whose piss is this? His or mine? I don't mind sitting in mine...

Ricciardo on peeing in the race car and Kimi...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/when-ricciardo-and-raikkonen-queued-for-the-toilet/

However, I have read of drivers in the Indy 500 admitting they peed in the car back when the races took 3-4 hours. I imagine endure drivers might pee in the car, too. Hate to be the next driver. Whose piss is this? His or mine? I don't mind sitting in mine...

A good reason to have those individually shaped carbon fibre seats with no padding. And some drain holes in the bottom letting it slowly out on the track. :hide:

453747.png

Scrap blue flags? Back in the 80s/90s, there were blue flags but I never saw a driver penalized for not immediately leaping out of the way, especially if they were in a fight of their own.

Steiner of Haas says the FIA should consider doing away with it. Let the lapping driver find his way past. I don't think it's a bad idea. It would certainly churn up the races on occasion.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-boss-thinks-f1-should-scrap-blue-flags/3184340/

Russia was a boring race aside from Verstappen in the early laps. And Lewis' pass on Vettel. Sad to see Bottas lose the win to team orders. I hope Hamilton is in a position for payback to Valtteiri in the next five race.

Nils, a Swede has the seat alongside Scott Dixon at Ganassi in IndyCar. Is your country going to televise those races now?

Russia was a boring race aside from Verstappen in the early laps. And Lewis' pass on Vettel. Sad to see Bottas lose the win to team orders. I hope Hamilton is in a position for payback to Valtteiri in the next five race.

Nils, a Swede has the seat alongside Scott Dixon at Ganassi in IndyCar. Is your country going to televise those races now?

I did see a bit after the race and it seems like Hamilton at least understand the frustration for Bottas.

As for indycar - any name? Not sure if it's going on TV here, if it does it's on one of the expensive channels.

453747.png

I have no idea why people are surprised by teams orders. It's been going on as far back as Mercedes with Juan Manuel Fangio and Stirling Moss (wingman). Mario Andretti won the WDC in 1978 and admitted through the season that his teammate Ronnie Peterson was the number two since Andretti had been the team leader since 76 and had been developing the wing car. Peterson only joined the team in 78. And Schumacher was ordered to help Eddie Irvine win the WDC in 1999 after Michael came back from breaking his leg at the British GP that year. And then of course, Massa was subordinated to Michael throughout his Ferrari years.

It still sucks for the driver having to give up the win, however.

I tried watching a Formula E race but couldn't get into it due to the lack of sound.
I watched the first 2 races the first year. The sound of the electric motors gave me the worst headache. Haven't watched anything more of Formula E, save for a few highlight reels, since.

V8 Supercars are fantastic to watch. Sliding around all the time.

I must say I almost always prefer to watch Europeon or Australian road racing to US roadracing. The foreign drivers always seem to dance the cars on edge while American drivers stay just away from it. Our drivers don't dance the cars very much like the Australians and Europeons. The best example is our historic racing vs that in the UK. I love watching the Goodwood Revival. Going to a historic race here the racing is nowhere near as good. The drivers don't push.

V8 Supercars are fantastic to watch. Sliding around all the time.

I must say I almost always prefer to watch Europeon or Australian road racing to US roadracing. The foreign drivers always seem to dance the cars on edge while American drivers stay just away from it. Our drivers don't dance the cars very much like the Australians and Europeons. The best example is our historic racing vs that in the UK. I love watching the Goodwood Revival. Going to a historic race here the racing is nowhere near as good. The drivers don't push.

Agreed. BTCC and V8 Supercars always seem very on edge (almost every picture shows them on two wheels mid corner) but US drivers always seem to go as fast as possible on 4 wheels but have to save tires and gas.

The early stages of F1 wings in the 60s. The first use of a wing on a car is disputed (of course) but Porsche used one on their sports car at Germany Avus track in the 50s. I've also seen stories of inverted wings used in the 1920 on a land speed record car.

https://racer.com/2018/10/03/in-racer-magazine-flying-too-close-to-the-sun/