LegacyGT.com

problem i cannot figure out

so my subaru decided to smoke blue smoke when i am idlng the car for more than 5 min standing still while the car is fully warmed up i have changed the turbo the clutch,turbo inlet pipe and she still smokes i also tested compression changed spark plugs and everything all fluds are fine its not wasting any oil coolant is fully normal ran also a coolant pressure test and full flush and she still smokes anyone had any problems with this l. this is the trick now when i am running my a/c on she dont smoke like wtffffff

Blue smoke means oil, make sure you don't have too much oil filled too.

And do a smoke test by driving downhill, engine brake and then put on some throttle. If you get blue smoke behind the car then you may have an oil ring that's cracked. But that should be evident if you look at the spark plugs.

Another test is to let it idle so it starts to make smoke, then you check all spark plugs and compare them. If one is darker than the others then you may have a cylinder specific problem. If all is alike it's a common problem that isn't specific to a cylinder.

If nothing can be found and nothing else helps you might be helped somewhat with a thicker oil - like 5W40. It can even be that the oil you have is the actual culprit. It don't take much oil to send smoke signals.

5 minutes warm up time - that's pretty long and I only run a longer warm-up time if I'm completely fogged or iced up and can't see out. Otherwise the best warm-up is to drive it softly.

453747.png

Oh yea, I missed that, I also don't let the car idle to warm up.

Start it and drive it. Even if it -29F if the windows are clear, I start it and drive it to the ski area a mile away.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived