LegacyGT.com

Coilovers

im looking to put a set of coilovers to my 07 legacy wagon. but not sure if there is anything else i need do to my suspension to get it lowered. also im planning to get ISC N1 coilovers, can anyone tell me if how is the ride quality and the quality of the product. and i also live in Canada so if im going to lower my car should i rise it back up before white fluffy stuff come down.

You are buying cheap coilovers. The quality is fine, the ride is terrible to fine depending on your expectations, the performance is fine.

Every time you change the ride height you need an alignment (unsure if there are alignments for life options in Canada)

If you frequently drive with your bumper below the snow line you may consider rising it up or buying a winter beater.

If you want looks with good enough performance people have had good luck with isc.

My major concern is do i need any other suspension parts to lower my car.

Also I don't want too bumpy, i still need my car as a daily and sometimes need it for road trip. Besides u wouldn't believe how bumpy roads here.

For winter time, we always get snow higher than the bumper line even stock ride height. As a subbie owner it will be too shame not have some fun in the snow or mud. I guess i better be rising my car every winter and lowering it every summer. Since I'm too cheap to buy a winter beater.

LOL! I know, right? Everything is salted to hell. Meanwhile you get stuck behind everyone running bald tires in the snow!

nugh, nobody brave enough to drive bald tires in the snow here. coz u r going to hell especially the city i live right now, there are three main roads, they all have a 2km long incline. Put in this way, u drive on the road of San Francisco with 30 cm of snow on the road with bald tires or just summer tires. u definitely going to die! even winter tires will get u stuck if u r in a 2wd car.

I'm about to put a set in this weekend. From what other owners have said, these are the best bang for your buck coilovers. They're really just the cheapest coilovers that don't suck. The street sport valving is a little harsher than stock on the softest setting, so I would plan your valving decision around that.

Think again about lowering. If you have crappy roads you need all the suspension travel you can get. Ride quality on cheap coilovers is usually petty bad. For snow, you need ground clearance. Adjusting coilovers is going to be more difficult as they age, and they usually don't last as long as conventional shocks & struts. You could buy a really good quality set of shocks & struts for the price of cheap coilovers, and not have to mess with them for years.

Yeah if the winters are that bad I'd shy away from coilovers because the adjustability will seize up from rust anyway. I'd look at swifts, springs, bilsteins, whatever t is non-coilovers people run. You'll get better handling but still have decent ride comfort.

That being said, my bc br coilovers which I think are comparable - entry level - are comfortable enough for me and the roads here are not so good either. Every winter the salt and plows desteoy the roads. The weather too I uses lol.

I'm about to put a set in this weekend. From what other owners have said, these are the best bang for your buck coilovers. They're really just the cheapest coilovers that don't suck. The street sport valving is a little harsher than stock on the softest setting, so I would plan your valving decision around that.

sorry i dont get what u mean by valving, do u mean the adjust valve on the coilover for softer or harder ride?

Think again about lowering. If you have crappy roads you need all the suspension travel you can get. Ride quality on cheap coilovers is usually petty bad. For snow, you need ground clearance. Adjusting coilovers is going to be more difficult as they age, and they usually don't last as long as conventional shocks & struts. You could buy a really good quality set of shocks & struts for the price of cheap coilovers, and not have to mess with them for years.

looks like if I'm going for the look there will be a lot of sacrifices.

looks like if I'm going for the look there will be a lot of sacrifices.
For sure, you can get very good handling without lowering, though. At least for me, having good handling, reasonable comfort, compliance for driving on poor roads, and low hassle seems a better way to go.

sorry i dont get what u mean by valving, do u mean the adjust valve on the coilover for softer or harder ride?

They offer three variants of their coilovers: comfort, sport, track. The main difference is how the dampening "shafts" are designed, or valved. This is also the component that is adjustable, leaving you with room to fine tune.

What setup are you running?
Koni Sports with stock Legacy GT springs, Whiteline adjustable anti-sway bars, AVO rear anti-sway bar braces, Moog end links, Whiteline LCA bushings, a few Energy Suspension bushings. Will replace more bushings as things wear out.

Archived