LegacyGT.com

Paddle Shifter install

Any tips on installing paddle shifters on an 08?

I remember this post, but now the pictures are gone because of Photobucket's awesomeness. I assume there are two wires from the paddle shift unit, but how will I know which one to connect to voilet/white or light-blue?

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/99-do-yourself-illustrated-guides/15018-2008-outback-xt-5eat-paddle-shifters-2.html

My recommendation, especially if you're becoming that familiar with your Outback: find the FSM and take a look at the electrical prints. That's what I did, and I just made myself a small harness to interface with the shifter.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

My recommendation, especially if you're becoming that familiar with your Outback: find the FSM and take a look at the electrical prints. That's what I did, and I just made myself a small harness to interface with the shifter.

FSM = Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I guess the biggest question I had, is there was a post with pictures where you can tap into wires under the steering column. The pictures were on photobucket which are gone.

I have an 08 outback XT so everything is a lot more plug & play than the 05-07s I believe all I need is the paddle assembly, and tap in the two wires.

FSM = Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I guess the biggest question I had, is there was a post with pictures where you can tap into wires under the steering column. The pictures were on photobucket which are gone.

I have an 08 outback XT so everything is a lot more plug & play than the 05-07s I believe all I need is the paddle assembly, and tap in the two wires.

It's actually Flaming Slovakian Mansion. :lol: Sorry... I expect everyone to know the acronyms, when such isn't always the case! Thankfully WRX USA has me covered.

I forgot you have an 08... I bet it's much simpler, if not plug-n-play.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived