LegacyGT.com

Windshield Replacement

Has anyone had any experience replacing the front window using Safelite instead of the dealer. I've used safelite before, but since I have Eyesite, it needs to be calibrated after a window replacement. I called my Insurance company and if I use safelite, I only have to pay the deductible. If I use the dealer (dealer does not have agreement with them) I might have to pay more out of pocket (if insurance and dealer don't agree on price)

Weird thing is when I called the insurance company, they said if I use safelite, and it needs to be calibrated, and if Safelite is not capable of calibrating it correctly, I can go to the dealer, and pay for the calibration, and I can send the bill to insurance and they will pay it.

Weird hu?

Satellite installed my OEM Windshield at the Subaru Service Center and the Service Center verified install and did the calibration. Now Safelite has a calibration machine and if they cannot properly align the cameras they will send you to Subaru for calibration.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Satellite installed my OEM Windshield at the Subaru Service Center and the Service Center verified install and did the calibration. Now Safelite has a calibration machine and if they cannot properly align the cameras they will send you to Subaru for calibration.

Did u have to pay deductible through safelite?

No. But I had to initially payout for the calibration which I was sent (invoice) to SF for full reimbursement.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

So hear is an update. I was going to have safelite install a new Windshield, but almost getting off the phone, they said they were going to install oee glass. I said hold up. I said I want OEM glass. If I install OEM glass they would have to talk to my insurance company. Well I took it upon myself to call my insurance company. They said they agreed with me, since I have Eyesight, there notes do say I need OEM, and they would cover it. I said can the dealer do it instead, they said I would have to pay an extra $170 to let them do it since the dealer charge too much for labor. So, she suggested if she call the dealer and see if they install it or do they have a 3rd party install, if they do, they would see if they would accept the insurance. Unfortunately their 3rd party doesn't. They asked the dealer if they can have safelite or a 3rd party install it onsite (that accepts insurance), so the dealer can do the calibration of the eyesight. The dealer was flexible, and oked for them to have safelight install and for them to calibrate. So all I have to do is pay my deductible, and pay the dealer to do the calibration, which I could then send the bill to my insurance to reimburse. Wahoo

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's done. Dropped off my car at the dealer the night before the appointment was scheduled (got a loaner car), got a call from SafeLite the next day, saying they can do it earlier. They went to the dealer, and was able to do it earlier. Got a e-mail with an invoice an hour later from safelite. Received a call later in the day from the dealer after they did the calibration, and picked the car up. E-mailed it to my insurance company the invoice for the calibration that night. Next day got an e-mail back saying a check was being sent out to reimburse me for the calibration. All I had to pay is my $100 deductible for the windshield.

Archived