LegacyGT.com

Painted front bumper cover, 05 LGT Wagon

Hi all- as the title says, I have recently obtained a cool '05 Legacy GT Limited wagon, 5MT, garnet red pearl with light leather interior. For 12 years old the paint is very nice, except for many stone chips and general dullness on lower front bumper cover. Was thinking of going to a local body shop to price a bumper re-spray, but I see one can get pre-painted bumper covers online for ~$250. However all I have seen listed are either for 4th gen "Legacy Outback Only" (great labeling ebay) or just say 05-07 "Legacy" and reference OE part#57704AG02A (no mention of wagon or GT in description; wondering if either of those change the part#?)

for instance: https://www.paintedautobodyparts.com/subaru-legacy-front-bumper-cover-prmd-legacy-2005-2007.html#tab-product-view2

Anyway if anyone can clarify before this newb orders the wrong thing what is needed for fresh bumper cover for 05 GT Wagon (ideally pre-painted in GRP), or your thoughts on this route vs. respray of the area at the body shop, please advise. Thanks, pics to follow in the hooked up wagons thread soon...

yep, it does ask for the paint code. So I was thinking under $300 painted, how hard can it be to DIY swap the old one for a fresh painted one and avoid the body shop labor altogether? However still don't know if there are different bumpers specific to the wagon and/or the GT?

• 2 weeks later...

I would confirm what you're telling us is accurate. Once you know the pre painted bumper would cost x amount of dollars. Go to your body guy to see how much a respray for your existing bumper. Keep in mind you may need to remove the bumper when settling wth respray option.

Respray cost will vary from shop to shop. 300 for front bumper was my lowest. So Cal area

Archived