LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs other cars

Don't worry I'm totally listening to all of you except for BDII, he came in here recommending an accord when I asked a specific question about awd cars, and then acted like I'm an idiot

I appreciate your guys info. I guess I just always heard subarus are bulletproof but maybe it's non turbo ones

I didn't need a daily driver, but I guess I figured that a Subaru with 150k or less miles would be as reliable as my gx which has 187k right now

Oh also, I'm not a fan of the g37 body style. I considered a g35x but it still only comes in automatic. However, in my budget I could probably get a good condition miata and stick some really nice snow tires on it, so if we are talking 2wd cars that's the sort of thing id be looking at

...I could probably get a good condition miata and stick some really nice snow tires on it, so if we are talking 2wd cars that's the sort of thing id be looking at...
You could do that, and it's fun to drive the Miata in snow if you have the right tires, but the Miata does not have enough ground clearance to be a good snow car. I have one...

Don't worry I'm totally listening to all of you except for BDII, he came in here recommending an accord when I asked a specific question about awd cars, and then acted like I'm an idiot

I appreciate your guys info. I guess I just always heard subarus are bulletproof but maybe it's non turbo ones

Yeah, I HEARD that too.. Some of the non-turbos had headgasket issues.

After owning one for 12 years, I feel that it's more a case of: Subarus are pretty reliable, and are great for DIYer types - you can fix almost anything yourself, given time and some skill. Unlike, say, a 7-series or S-class. I've had WAY less nightmares about driving in my car and having some kind of problem than when I owned VWs, for example.

The only time my Subaru has actually left me STRANDED was when I hit a pothole and took out TWO tires at once (not really a Subaru issue), and when my front diff died at 120k miles, after 80k miles at stage 2+. Although it came close when I limped it 2 miles to the shop with a blown rad hose.

I think partly, it attracts a lot of modders, and for some reason, not every "conventional wisdom" holds true for Subarus. For example - unless you've done almost every mod you can think of on an LGT, don't bother with CAI or or exhaust. CAI without a tune can kill your engine.

I didn't need a daily driver, but I guess I figured that a Subaru with 150k or less miles would be as reliable as my gx which has 187k right now

Oh also, I'm not a fan of the g37 body style. I considered a g35x but it still only comes in automatic. However, in my budget I could probably get a good condition miata and stick some really nice snow tires on it, so if we are talking 2wd cars that's the sort of thing id be looking at

Depending on how well you've maintained your GX it may still be good for another 100K or more.

Archived