LegacyGT.com

Another engine refresh

So the shop that rebuilds the heads offer them with a variety of set ups, you can get them complete with everything or with just valves/springs which is what I did. I didn't want their rocker assemblies, cams or valve covers so it ended up costing me $170 ish for the base heads and then I put in my own cams and rocker assemblies. I think complete heads go for the $300s ish. They sell them on Ebay or you can call them directly.

So random thought. What about using ej22 heads? That makes a high compression build if I'm not mistaken and I've read that they put put impressive power, but what sort of power?

If it would be something similar to a regular ej25d with delta cams then I'd figure what's the point but if it's significantly more torque and power then I might be interested

• 3 weeks later...
So it's been a bit since I've even touched this stuff but every time I see the heads laying there reminding me like damn, those heads look nice. There's nothing wrong with them other then the fact there's no valves in the heads. I'm thinking of buying some valves Or whatever I need to complete the heads and have a shop install the valves. What all do i need. New valves, new valve stem seals, new valve springs?

Archived