LegacyGT.com

Bilestein VS Koni

just installed konis recently too and I get that knock sound up front when I turn out of the driveway or something like that at slow speed when I first get in.. I believe we are supposed to reuse an oem washer on each front as well as the new koni washer on each... one of these washers has a specific orientation (either up or down) and Im going to have to confirm that was done right as well

Which washer are you referring to?

The washer he is checking the dome washer between the tophat/strut mount. The other washer is likely the lock washer that goes to the nut for the strut end (strut mount)

Check the strut rod nut to make sure it is torqued to spec

I would check this first as it can be done in the car. You need a pass through socket set to tighten the top nut, I don't think an impact will work as the strut rods will spin. I didn't put a torque wrench on mine, because I couldn't figure out how to adapt the pass through fitting to fit my toque wrenches. (I am someone who tries torque wrench on every bolt when I have a torque spec.) I just made sure they were very tight and estimate that they were close to specified torque.

Ah that click every one of us sees on drivers front..did we ever get a resolution to why this happens??

I don't believe any resolution has appeared. I still think it's the rear lca bushing (hockey puck). I will be able to confirm that it either is or isn't the Koni inserts when I finally install my coilovers. If it's still there I am going to do the AVO rear LCA bushings. Hopefully that will give us some definitive results.

Archived