LegacyGT.com

Airbag Light - Help

2008 Legacy 2.5i here. Airbag light on for quite a while now. I bought the Ancel AD610 Elite code reader which is supposed to read ABS/SRS codes. It shows no issues/codes. Unsure what the best route to getting it fixed now is. My son can take it to his work (Subaru dealer) to get it scanned I suppose but trying to minimize cost on an 11 yr old vehicle. Thoughts?

2008 Legacy 2.5i here. Airbag light on for quite a while now. I bought the Ancel AD610 Elite code reader which is supposed to read ABS/SRS codes. It shows no issues/codes. Unsure what the best route to getting it fixed now is. My son can take it to his work (Subaru dealer) to get it scanned I suppose but trying to minimize cost on an 11 yr old vehicle. Thoughts?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4278790&postcount=60

2008 2.5i Limited here. Still, the airbag light is on. Subaru dealer told me a while ago when the pass airbag was replaced that the issue was the overhead console. Resoldering it made no difference. I bought the Ancel 610 diagnostic tool which can read the SRS and ABS systems in the car. No codes - it says airbag system OK. This is the car my daughter drives. in December she rear ended a ford focus and it bent the hood up and destroyed the grille, bumper, the bumper crossbar, and the radiator. It is repaired now but airbag light remains. I am unsure if the collision should have triggered the airbags or not. Both front occupants were fine no issue so maybe it was not enough to trigger it. I just replaced the overhead console with a new one and no diff the light is still on.

Reason for me still asking on the airbag light is because this is the car my daughter drives and we want to make sure the airbag system is working properly in case it is needed. Unsure what to try next...

Edited by 59ctd

I had my airbag light come on when my wife and I left for work this morning, at a stop light I turned the car off and back on and the light turned back on. 30 min later at work, I turned the car off and back on and no airbag light. Sounds like I should check the airbag lamp light and check the connections,

but my question is their an app we can get on our phones that will tell give us these airbag codes? I use torque but there were no error codes.

Thanks

I had my airbag light come on when my wife and I left for work this morning, at a stop light I turned the car off and back on and the light turned back on. 30 min later at work, I turned the car off and back on and no airbag light. Sounds like I should check the airbag lamp light and check the connections,

but my question is their an app we can get on our phones that will tell give us these airbag codes? I use torque but there were no error codes.

Thanks

I am not aware of any phone app that will read the SRS or ABS codes. The Ancel AD610 Elite code reader is what I bought that is capable to do so. It wasn't all that expensive.

Edited by 59ctd

Funny thing happened with the air bag light on my Spec B. Last Fall the soldering fix didn't work. Well sometimes the light would go out after the fix but for most of the Fall and early Winter the light was on when I drove the car, then we had the cold spell in Feb. The car is driven once a week maybe, this time of year. The past couple of times driving it, the light has been out.

I'll see what happens when Spring and warmer weather comes back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 months later...
Tried again reading the airbag codes and got a "26 Passenger's Airbag indicator failure" and "72 Passenger's Airbag failure". Not sure what this means or what to try next...

20190526_094542.thumb.jpg.9265595e15abdea848e367d2bf79c96f.jpg

The fsm intructions for troubleshooting those codes are long.. I think the dealer is probably being honest. I'm not sure which part of the board you tried reflowing, but I'd give that another shot.. and if it doesn't work, I'd probably just replace the board, knowing it might not fix the problem.

I know you've probably seen this link already, but just for a quick reference, 511 is supposed to be the resistor that causes issues.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4278790&postcount=60

I've already replaced the entire overhead console with two other known good ones so that is not the issue. I'll start reading in the FSM on the next troubleshooting steps. Thanks.