LegacyGT.com

08+ outback front end on pre 08 possible?

Hey guys have a question. I'm thinking about picking up another Subaru for a daily driver/ commuter and I'm really fond of the 08 outback. I can't find any for a reasonable price so I might resort to buying a older one so my question is

. Could I swap a 08 front end onto a pre 08?

From the looks of it. It's hood, grille and bumper, and maby the support? Or are they the same?

. Also could I get 08headlights to work on a pre 08?

If this is doable then that's what Il be doing!

Lmk and thank you

Any thing is doable with enough money and labor.

Most of us would tell you its not worth the effort. Put your time and money into making sure the car runs well, that's more important.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I did a little more digging but can't find much info

It appears the headlights are actually different in shape. And both cars use different fenders.

But my question is with a front 08+ clip I can swap all components with bolt on fitment?

look in one of the links here's to see which small brackets you may need too.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived