LegacyGT.com

Got the Itch!

OK my fellow Subies...I got my 2 year "itch" and have been reading amazing reviews about the new Alfa Romeo Giulia. Looking at a bright red with black leather loaded. Legacy is almost 2.5 years old with 26K miles on her...in mint condition and zero issues. Thinking about taking the plunge but not sold yet;)

Any thoughts or anyone interested in buying my car?

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/alfausa/en/cars/alfaromeo-giulia.html

I like the Alfa but only the top of the line one.

Did you ever get a WRX? Maybe I ve got you mixed up with another member who was looking?

I have a Panamera but would have loved the Turbo Panamera.

Turning my Legacy in in about a month.

It has been a great car like all the subi s I ve owned.

Thanks GTeaser...interesting that the car tested by Motor Trend was flawless and beat out the BMW in their choice for a car to buy and drive. Test driving one tomorrow but not quite ready to pull the trigger unless the deal is too good to be true. I'm going to "assume" the MT car had the updated software reflashes.

cerbomark...yes, I did put down a deposit on a loaded WRX and came "this" close to pulling the trigger but the drone of the exhaust at low RPM held me back and I was hoping the redesigned Impreza for 2017 would carry over to the 2018 WRX chassis but they are saying we won't see a refreshed WRX on the new global platform for another 3 years and I can't wait that long...well I can but I won't:rolleyes:

While the Giulia looks great, you'd have to pay me to get one. With everything I've heard and read about how terribly unreliable they are, I'd have one hell of a tough time spending money on it. The Subaru, in my opinion, is hands down the better of the two cars.

In Florida?

Buy a muscle car. You have no need for an AWD sedan unless you move north. I personally would be in a big block RWD car down there (Charger, Mustang or Challenger, but I don't even consider RWD cars as my DD up here so I haven't shopped them).

My vacation in Orlando made me realize how important fast acceleration is (for merging) onto highways.

Not that you get to maintain much speed there, roads were very congested.

Maybe compare the Giulia to a BRZ?

You are a little misinformed. In Florida we have 50+ inches of forcible thunderstorms from June to October every year. The All Wheel Drive is a wonderful safety feature not withstanding Eyesight. We are probably the only state that can have pouring rain and the brightest sun you ever seen.

BTW a lot of us vacation in the Smokey Mountains where AWD/ 4X4 is a real need. Also in mid Florida has hills, tornados(average 53/yr) .[emoji57]

I do not agree with your premise.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Sure thing, but RWD with traction control in Florida would be what you would find in my garage.

You know where AWD shines, Snow. I had a RWD car in college (a 1980 Toyota Celica, I could not resist) and it was horrendous in the snow, I drove it at least three winters...fishtailing like mad...

You have the option of RWD year round, I don't think many people up here feel the same way.

I drove a Z-Car is Michigan in the winter and just did fine, it is not really what vehicle you drive but knowing the limitations of that vehicle and work around those issues.

The roads in Grand Rapids from Thanksgiving to Spring did not exist, you drive through tunnels and the vehicle with the loudest horn usually went first. Why you ask, you could not see vehicles at street corners since the snow was piles so high on the sides.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

If I get a Gulia it would be a Quadrifoglio. It is a beast! Did very well on the Nurburgring. I know I'd loose the AWD. Oh well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gEdJmIVqLY]Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio New Record at Nürburgring - YouTube[/ame]

Love the Gulia Quad but I'm not going to pay close to $80K...trying to keep it below $55K. I love my Legacy and may just hold off for another year as there are several nice cars coming out and major model changes in the the next year and I'll let them work out the kinks. I have 26K on my Legacy and don't think I've ever kept a car past 30K miles. I wish the WRX refresh on the new platform was for 18 and I'd go that route in a heartbeat and not a big Benz or Bimmer fan.

I have 26K on my Legacy and don't think I've ever kept a car past 30K miles.

Wow. In our family, the "new car" is anything with less than 100,000 miles on it! I owned and drove Jaguars and Porsches as daily personal transport for more than 30 years, but our 2015 Legacy was the first car I'd bought new since 1969. Different strokes, etc.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You are correct ammcinnis...different strokes my friend. Only car I had past 30K was my 1980 VW Scirocco that I bought used when I was in college. Put about 70K on the car before I traded her in for a new 2-door Honda CRX Si after I graduated. People that buy my personal cars are getting great vehicles. I am very anal about maintenance and keeping the interior and exterior spotless. Typically I have received anywhere from $3-$4K more than what a dealer will give me in trade. Why should I let them have the money when I get full boat on my own. I also buy extended warranties to assist with the resale. Sweet when you can tell someone that they are getting a 7/100K bumper to bumper zero deductible warranty along with the deal. Gives them a nice warm and fuzzy along with the comprehensive service history.

I'm a 2-3 year car guy, with the only exception being a 79 MB 6.9 that I bought out of a 2-year commercial lease that Avis was offering way back when. It was an extraordinary car that I'll never forget. I sold it with almost 100K on it for more than I paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand why you want to go from a 2.5i to anything faster, really.. I wouldn't ever go back to sub-250 hp with the heavy curb weights these days, unless I had to.. (thankfully, so far, I don't).

But, IMO, keep the 2.5i for those 30-40 days a year you'll be waiting for service. Especially since most FCA dealers don't do loaners, but a shuttle..

Archived