LegacyGT.com

LGT Strut decision

So the rear coils of my car are starting to sag and it doesn't take much effort to move up/down. I know the Tein Bassis are soft, but i think they are on their way out.

I still have the H&R springs, top hats, bumps, dust covers, etc from my Legacy. I liked this setup on the car hence why I saved it. What struts would you guys recommend for this?

Also, my wheels are 18x8 +48. What issues would I have with putting 234 or 245/45/18 tires on them with a strut vs coilover. I still need to trim and roll the fenders, but will I clear the spring perch otherwise?

The direzza Z1s are terribly noisy and I'm doing a lot of highway driving for a while so they are kinda a waste and are going to get burned through quickly.. Nice tire otherwise

bilsteins.

HDs or SpecB??? I have HDs on my MR2 and they are painful on NY roads.

I was pretty happy with my legacy 2.5i on H&R. I was debating KYB GR2s for now, but noticed that the KYB AGX are only about $20 more a corner. Would that be worth it?

I think basically anyone who tries the Legacy struts usually goes to either Bilsteins or Koni's because the stock just aren't good. However, stock (or OEM replacement) will be better than what you have.

With H&R springs you will probably wear out an OEM replacement strut pretty fast.

Comparing your set-up to mine (245/45/18 18x8 et48 to 255/40/18 18x9 et40) you won't have any issues moving to struts that you don't already have (i.e probably some rubbing on the rear fender liner depending on rear camber)

Archived