LegacyGT.com

How To: Install 04-07 STI Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) and Use a New Vacuum Source

I am planning to do this mod at some point but I cannot seem to locate any good vacuum port plugs that folks say are acceptable.  I'd rather not plug the manifold port with a rubber one that will only start leaking.

Are there any vacuum port plugs that are acceptable? Considering just using some vacuum hose, a bolt with silicone and a zip tie.

And what exactly is the function of the Doorman Fuel Line Connectors (800-120) and how do you use them?  Is my red arrow pointing to one of the Doorman connectors?

image.png.a13f8678d252ed565cb63c88dad3a578.png

Edited by Mr. Electric Wizard

If you use some of the vacuum hose you cut adapting to the BOV location, you can easily use that to plug the port.  I made an aluminum plug to fit the end of the hose, zip tied that in for good measure, then zip tied to the port.  Granted I'm a machinist so it's easier for me to make a plug like that, but a bolt or screw would work fine.

• Like 1

The OP in his walkthru used the fuel connectors because he cut new fuel lines.  You can just use the lines that are there.  Using new fuel line with new connectors will allow making the lines the correct length to avoid introducing more issues rather than correcting the stumbling issue.

Glad to help, this was one of my favorite cars to build AND DRIVE, so had to share the love :).

Now I will also say that having the fuel filter so close to the fuel rail might have doubled as a damper.  Also tune has a lot to do with it too, this car's tune is some of the worst factory tunes I've ever dealt with.

• Like 1

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK