LegacyGT.com

Q300 vs hks silent hi power

Mine doesn’t sit low imo. Aside from it not being perfectly centered ... 2hrs messing with it. The Y-pipe will sit a touch lower just due to size but not much. ...

I did not need to cut the heat shield at the midpipe. I actually checked and could stick a finger between midpipe and heat shield

Did you get some poly hangers? The Perrin ones r really nice. I’ve gotten them for all my cars. They’ll help keep it a little tighter up as well

Good luck with the install

Thanks for the heads up on the heat shield and on the exhaust not being quite centered -- I am OCD enough that I would have spent way too much time figuring it out. Will be interesting to see if the 2009 sedan will be the same as the 2005 wagon.

I picked up an exhaust donut and a set of the following from Subimods: Grimmspeed 12MM Two Position Exhaust Hanger -- not sure if the two position hanger is a gimmic, but it seemed reasonable when I was ordering just before Thanksgiving. Hopefully, re-using the bolts that connect the DP to the MP will be an option -- if not, I will be be making a run to a nearby auto-parts store on Sat AM (assuming it is not raining).

The HKS was on back-order from Japan, and I was not expecting it to arrive in the US until Jan. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived after only 2.5 weeks. ;-) Ended up replacing the timing belt & rear rotors last week, so the DP will not be in my future anytime soon...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully, re-using the bolts that connect the DP to the MP will be an option -- if not, I will be be making a run to a nearby auto-parts store on Sat AM (assuming it is not raining).

I went to my local hardware store n got 2 sets of 2” M6 Stainless bolts (1 1/2” would suffice in hindsight), nuts, washers n locks. U may not necessarily need them but I found it easier just to cut my old ones and use new. Also had to ream out the OEM DP holes for those so a good bit may be in order as well.

Good luck

Archived