LegacyGT.com

No radio/climate control

rockford33

Oddest thing happened today. Got in the car, and the stereo was off. Now, I never turn the stereo off when I get out of the car (it was working fine earlier today). I get in, turn on the car, and no sound. Hit the power button, no sound. Then I tried the climate control. No dice. No matter what button I pushed to turn on the radio or climate control, nothing worked. Finally I hit the eject button and then everything decided to work. Anyone have this happen to them before? Worth taking to the dealer after one instance? It does have kind of worried because I have a Cleansweep and will eventually be upgrading the stereo. I don't want the dealer to claim in the future (if I have the problem again) that the Cleansweep or stereo install messed up the stereo/climate control unit. Thoughts are appreciated.

Amazingly enough, I experienced the exact same thing this past week. I didn't try the climate control but the radio was out completely. I didn't try the eject either.

What I did try was turning the car off and back on. That seemed to do the trick.

I'd be interested if anybody experienced this. Surprisingly, we're both from the DC area.

Please let me know if you find out anything.

I had to have my whole unit replaced. The LCD went out on it. This seems to be a common problem for these cars. I personally think the whole unit sucks. I don't like the fact it's all one unit and you have to jump through hoops to upgrade it. Never mind the fact the climate control system has a mind of it's own. I traded in a '05 Honda Accord Exl (4 cyl) on my LGT. The climate control system in the Accord blew the Subie away and the sound system too, which had a satellite system in it.

Archived