LegacyGT.com

Dealer disaster!!

giggidygangsta

Okay I've got a problem I took my 05 Legacy GT into my local Subaru dealer for the airbag recall, got it back, and noticed that the left driver side vent had no air whatsoever coming out, and the passenger side, the on-off switch didn't work anymore. So I took it back in to get it fixed, after picking it up I noticed that along all of my vents along the top Edge there were divots from what looked like A small screwdriver having been used to pop all the vents off, indented into the leather and styrofoam, also the dash rattled, made a lot of noise, and the left side was loose, not to mention a dent in my driver's door that wasn't there before, so I took it back in mentioning said damage not even saying anything about the dent(due to the fact id already brought it in to complain about a dent on the front bumper and was given the "wasn't us, nothing that height anywhere on the lot") and ask them to repair / replace the dash, they had the service manager come talk to me and he tried telling me that they did not remove the dash when they replace the airbag on an 04 05 Legacy, being he's a Subaru service manager I thought he would notice that it was a Legacy GT wagon which was only made in 05 6, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and they finally agreed to fix said damage on the dash, After having the tech come up and tell me they were there before and they never removed the dash. When i dropped it off the manager said that they'd never even removed the dash and the damage was there prior to their work, i know for a fact the damage wasnt on the dash and ooted never been removed prior to their work. I also asked if they could tighten up the dash due to all the rattling noise. Picked it back up and they had used some kind of filler, plus an off-color touch up paint to repair said divots on the dash and lo and behold on the passenger and Driver air vents there was a new divot deeper and bigger than the last ones newly on the dash and two minor dents on the rear quarter panel that weren't there before, after having been made to seem like I didn't know what I was talking about and that since my car was heavily modified that I had probably caused the damage on the dash because the tech said it was there before it came in, which is impossible because I know my car like the back of my hand. I have decided I will not take my car back to that dealer ever again, thing is I also want my car to be like it was before I took it in to get fixed on the recall, there is still two huge divots in the dash, divots that were fixed look like garbage, plus 3 new dents, and half the dash is loose still, (just noticed new gouge under cluster overhang and marks on headliner matching the paint color or grease from their hands) I'm at a loss, was wondering what y'all would recommend short of a tactical nuke strike j/k....92b7a0e7ae451c67a919a2bc52fa742f.jpgf3bc5af826e920112b6eb35adf252d08.jpga5bd4185231a8f279ce8c55bab0900c7.jpg7abd3e012870433dcdf3b52a5d30c2d6.jpge3d9d085b2f99eb3b9f603604527e95e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It was in Yakima, Washington. Wouldn't of been all that bad if they worked at righting what they'd done instead of making me return my car 4 additional times, and then trying to treat me like i don't know anything about my car, first off saying the damage was there in the first place due to my highly modified car, [never removed the dash to work on motor or suspension] then truing to tell me they never even removed the dash, because they don't on the 04-05 legacys. Come on now, being a service manager at a dealer you'd think they'd know that the gt limited were 05-06 only. Want the things fixed but don't want to ever return it to them, seems to come out with new or worse problems every time i have. I'm not the complaining type, i just dont feel like i should bite the bullet on damage that wasnt there before i brought it in for the recall.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have marks on the dash around the center vents from the airbag replacement job. That's just what I can see within eyeshot of the driver seat, probably a ton more if I cared to look hard enough. No rattles or disconnected parts though. I was also given the option to replace the dash at time of the job, and I chose not to. I'd imagine they'd mess up the new one anyway so I won't beat myself up over not getting it.

I figure since my vehicle is nearing 13 years old and there are marks all over the place and broken bits from having kids and from moving tons of stuff and camping and bikes and life, I would let it be. Sorry your dealer went out of their way to crap on your car. That's the last time I'd use them.

Archived