LegacyGT.com

EJ255 engine, Baja into into 05 Subaru Legacy GT

Hi - I'm looking for some info. I blew the engine in my 05 Legacy GT Automatic. I'm looking for a used engine and a friend of mine has an EJ255 engine that came out of a 04 Baja.

Does anyone know if I would be able to put this engine into my 05 legacy GT? I know I'd have to switch the intake and probably the flywheel, but is there anything that would prevent it from fitting into the engine? www.car-parts.com makes you select an Auto vs Manual transmission when searching for the engine, so I wonder if there is a different between the MT and AT transmission.

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

Was that 04 a turbo engine ?

The ej155 and ej257 short blocks are the same for the most part. I have a ej257 in my 05.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ej255=turbo motor...

I can't imagine there is much different that wouldn't be solved by swapping the intake as far as the engine goes. Check all the sensor plugs and make sure they match up, you might also check your cam specs but since you are most likely keeping your engine that could all be swapped at a later date.

No difference on the engine in auto vs manual maybe a couple bolts by where the slave sits or the starter possibly is different.

Archived