LegacyGT.com

I see Legacy MT and AT downpipes. Am I correct that you would need a downpipe specific to your transmission?

Does this change with the OBXT and its slightly different suspension / Body spacers?

Also, to mate to the stock exhaust, I would need one that tapers to 2.5". Am I correct?

I'm running an 08 OBXT 5eat. Unsure if I will ever replace the rest of the exhaust. I'm in no rush, so I am going to start scouring the used market place. Also the MR2 is MIA this summer so I want to make sure I have everything proper before I start hacking at the outback.

• Moderators
For your '08 OBXT, yes, you need a 5eat downpipe OR you need to smack a 5mt pipe with a hammer to dent it in the right places to fit against the transmission. And yes, you need something that tapers to 2.5" and uses a stock donut gasket OR you can run a grimmspeed exhaust adapter if you have a 3" downpipe and want to connect it to stock exhaust.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

smack a 5mt pipe with a hammer to dent it in the right places to fit against the transmission.

Couldn't I also smack the transmission in the right place to make room for an MT pipe? :spin: Or swap the 5eat for a 6MT and use the MT downpipe?

On a serious note, thank you! I have my wishlist and going to start searching to see what I can find 2nd hand for now.

Archived