LegacyGT.com

LGT 06 Head Unit

So I want to install a head unit on my 2006 LGT so I have an aux input. I don't really care about the auto climate controls so I'd like to replace the auto controls with the manuals ones so I can use a single din adapter.

Is this at all possible?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Short answer, "no."

Switching from auto HVAC controls to manual or vice-versa is technically possible, but the time and cost required is way more than you'll want to spend. It would require completely disassembling your entire dash and retrofitting the other kind of HVAC system.

Just get a 2007-2009 HU with aux capability that has the exact same kind of HVAC controls as your OEM HU has. Then see this guide.

Ive replaced the head unit in mine. But it involved ordering a near $300 JDM dual climate unit from japan that came with a dual din adapter to put in an aftermarket head unit. In addition i had to order a custom wiring harness from someone on ebay (it was pretty cheap) If your just looking for the head unit to get installed you can go this route. but if your looking to convert your dual climate your going to spend alot more money.

• 6 months later...

Archived