LegacyGT.com

AC works weird..

As the title says... its weird. AC blows cold, then slowly gets warm, then cycles to cold again. While its doing this cycle the fan speed slows down when getting warmer then speeds up when it gets cold. Overall the car does cool off just does this weird cycling thing. The car is an 05 LGT with auto climate.

When was the AC last serviced ?

It could be low on R134. I recharged mine with a can from the auto parts store.

If the fan speed changes, see this.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/blower-motor-runs-slow-hot-out-261637.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sometimes recharging that way works. But, if the system has gotten moisture in it, it will cause problems so the system needs to be evacuated (put under vacuum) before recharging with new refrigerant.

The system does periodically cycle off then back on, though, to prevent the evaporator core from freezing up. It would be every few minutes, though, not constantly.

How frequently does the A/C get warm -- is it every few minutes? Or does it seem to constantly alternate between cold and warm air?

Anywheres as little as 30 seconds to approx 2 minutes. The longer the cycle the cooler the car is.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

When was the AC last serviced ?

It could be low on R134. I recharged mine with a can from the auto parts store.

If the fan speed changes, see this.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/blower-motor-runs-slow-hot-out-261637.html

I've had the car since January. No known history of the AC. It had a noisy blower motor to begin with, hence how I knew the fan speed changing with the temp. I've since changed the motor. It's nice and quiet, however it still changes speed. Maybe my problem is to-fold. A bad resistor/transistor and need a recharge.

I'm thinking you are correct, two fold problem.

Tomorrow it's going to be hot and humid here, on the drive home I'll test my new transistor.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm thinking you are correct, two fold problem.

Tomorrow it's going to be hot and humid here, on the drive home I'll test my new transistor.

How did the new transistor work out?

I think mine does that too, though I wouldn't say warm to cold, more like cool to cold. I brought it into subaru last summer when it happened for a recharge (@ around 200k), and it still does it after the recharge. I only really notice it when it's hot out, like today it was almost 90F here and I noticed it. I figure it's just the way things are, the AC is struggling a little because of the warmer weather.

Archived