LegacyGT.com

98 L Wagon White Whale build

Update for anyone that reads this:

Car is currently getting finished by a reputable guy. Original person as you can see took long as **** to do anything. Car was hobbled together, wiring a ******* mess. Parts missing, he still has my STI TMIC, USDM WRX ECU, oil pressure sender for my AEM gauge, and god knows what else.

Just before it got sent off to a trustworthy guy

GIVidmEh.png

On the way (yes, driveshaft is disconnected lol)

Ga089AIh.png

Since I now know it is going to be done within a reasonable amount of time, decided to get the summer setup ready

g1xqyhlh.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

under a month with the new guy, car runs. had to remove AOS because there was no ******* room on the passenger side lol. Might relocate it later.

Also had to remove mish overflow tank, they stick up higher than OEM ones so it was hitting hood. going to get a metal OEM one tomorrow.

GD Catback is way too different looks like im going fully custom or a nice jdm muffler for our cars with a custom midpipe

• 1 month later...
So what kind of power and boost are you running?

Don't know yet. Car currently getting an alignment, drove it on basemap. I'm shooting for 300whp but I'll probably get some more.

If anyone wants to follow a bit more, I've been posting on my IG @legarexNJ. I'll try to update this when I'm at my PC. Long story short, wiring got done, car ran then if was eating coolant. Pulled engine to find iac had no gasket.

Nice! There's always something with a big build like that. I have a Turbo ej22e wagon with ported ej20k heads and an 18gtx turbo. I never got tuned but just driving around on wastegate with stock maf was pretty fun. The 350k mile short block finally let go lol I'd love to see a 2.2l built shortblock with the dual avcs ej20x/y heads. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing just yet.i have a legacy ss closed deck block with trashed cylinders, but that's big money to build

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2 months later and I'm out. For sale if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680834665301204/permalink/3309086082476036/?sale_post_id=3309086082476036

Just burned out from the car. I love the platform to death and the car runs awesome full throttle. Time in limited in my life and I've got too many toys. I'll be back for sure