LegacyGT.com

Error Code HC

So I went to go start up my legacy today and I went to turn in key.It would not turn over but when I turned the key the fuel pump would turn on.At first I thought maybe dead battery so went to store to purchase one.Still no luck so I desided to bump start it since it is parked on a hill but also no luck.When i tried to bump start it it threw error code HC.Could someone tell me what this code could possible mean and how to fix this as I am really stumped.Thanks

Is it the display that reads "er HC" ?

Are fans cycling?

Are the green connectors plugged into each other under the glove box?

If so, unplug them as they are for a special diagnostic mode, and try again.

I will check but also to mention when I turn key I hear a clicking comming from glove box Area

"er HC" indicates a high speed canbus error. As in the gauge cluster/BIU aren't getting counter updates from something on the bus.

It sounds like ether the ECU is dead/dosent have power or something shorted the bus.

"er HC" indicates a high speed canbus error. As in the gauge cluster/BIU aren't getting counter updates from something on the bus.

It sounds like ether the ECU is dead/doesn't have power or something shorted the bus.

When my battery is going dead I was getting this. When I fried my ECU via AP V1 I also was getting this.

Archived