LegacyGT.com

First accident! :( (not big)

I was driving my family to see some butterflies at a butterfly conservatory and a guy rear ended us at a light. It was pretty jarring but we're all ok although my mom has a bit of neck pain. Most importantly, my 2 year old son is happy as a clam (although he was upset that we didn't get to go see the butterflies).

I have a nice imprint of the license plate in my rear bumper but other than that, everything seems fine.

http://i.imgur.com/rgPQqNB.jpg

Do you guys think an insurance co would decide to change the entire bumper or would it be possible to get this looking like new?

Since you had a two year old in the car, you had a car seat. That car seat is now trash. The other insurance company must buy you a new one. Just an FYI. I've been there.

Glad you and the family are okay. I have a 2 y/o also (and 4). I'm sure you bought this car in part for it's safety like I did.

Just had this happen to me a little over a week ago. In my case the estimate was for paint and body work but not a new bumper. They sent me a check for the damages and I used it to get a new orbital, compound, polish, and wax to make it look better than new. Glad to hear you and your family are OK

Archived