LegacyGT.com

Exhaust manifold difference 08 gt and 2012 sti

For future searches.. 2007-2009 Legacy gt and 2007-2014 sti have the same reference number. I will verify this when my old one is removed..

As title states. I've seen some threads claim they are identical, some say the actual manifolds from the sti are larger, but the crossover is the same... please enlighten me. Thanks!

In a sticky up top there are links to different dealers and the place to buy parts out of the Subaru Catalog's see if there is a difference in the part numbers.

It's makes sense they are the same, its the same basic engine configuration.

Here's another place to look.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-oem-parts-catalog-online-exploded-views-opposed-forces-130411.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Seems the same. I didn't get the whole part number though. I have a 2012 sti header assy coming that I got on ebay for $60 shipped ��

I wanted to port and clean up the manifolds, probably port the crossover too. A header would be easier, but would be louder, also I heard that even the gs crossover makes more noise. Bunch of leaky gaskets... so I'll drop the whole rusted assy lol. Are the GS gaskets what i need to use? I saw cometic makes some gaskets. I'm used to using silicone.. but would like it too be done right the first time.

P.s. Any ideas how to route back the ewg besides custom? Thanks Max Cap, I've noticed you are very active. I appreciate the help

Be careful porting the exhaust manifolds, these cars need the gases at high velocity, if you don't do it right you can lose power and spool.

There are discussions about over on NASIOC.

My heads are ported but only where it matters, down in the valve pocket and little thinning of the dividers.

Red RTV is great to help seal the gaskets.

Cometic, is a great company, there was a time I was on a first name bases with the girls in sales.

Check that $60,00 sti header out carefully.

A tuner may have better thought's on the EWG routing. You may want to give Joe Simpson a call and see if he's still doing this type stuff. He could help guide you with questions about EWG and exhaust. He was a big help to us 10 years ago with our yellow Civic single cam.

https://www.tempest-racing.com/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Understood, mostly wanted to clean it up. Had to do all the gaskets anyway and my pipe rattles like a mofo... pics look good, newer than mine with 1/3 miles.

I like the red or the copper 😁

The more i think about it..

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/sup-344-1705?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-supertrapp&gclid=CjwKEAjwpdnJBRC4hcTFtc6fwEkSJABwupNi7Qgkx2DH4Oh_DCO6F6xOADC7Z6Jb8JLYADBJiOgtLBoCDo3w_wcB

He and Jenny were a big part of the SFWD crowd back then. She took a lot a great pictures too. Had lots of fun around them at the tracks.

Here's one of her shots from back then, if you see them tell them my son and I are doing fine.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSC_0382.jpg

Thats awesome! Will do! The manofolds came in today, they have different numbers on the outside. They look close, but mine are still on the car! I am having them ported and coated. Dont want to spend $250 for the x-over pipe... All data points this way though, might as well do it right

Archived