LegacyGT.com

Headlight question

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, please move it to the right one if it is. So I purchased new headlights a month ago as mine were messed up from a lady backing into me. So I installed the new ones, depo black housing with all clear reflectors, and 2 days after it rains. The driver side fogged up bad, while the passenger side is fine. I contacted the seller of the headlights and they're trying to tell me that the moisture will clear out after a few days and this is normal for new headlights to adjust to temperature (wtf??? never heard of that and I've been modding cars for 20 years now). Is this legit for our cars or is this truly a manufacturer defect like i suspect? Pictures attached so you can weigh in. Driver side (fogged up one) vs. Passenger side

20170511_104018.jpg.6356ab22e27a0761a50aceb24630896b.jpg

20170511_104029.jpg.48dae9be63facaeba9d6ed61a339fabf.jpg

I have these same headlights and have never had this issue for anything more than 10 minutes (i have the headlight covers off from making my LED kit fit so a bit of moisture does get in but nothing substantial) Has the fogginess gone away yet?

IMO they should replace them. Or at least that one.

Moisture should not be getting in there...ever. Do you ever see a OEM lead light do that ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived