LegacyGT.com

Timing Cover Bolts - It's A Mystery

Had a camshaft seal leaking so I replaced it along with an entire timing kit including water pump. I am meticulous about keeping bolts with parts. Seriously, it's a compulsion for me. But this time I have mysteriously lost the seven sleeved bolts and one standard bolt that hold the center timing cover on. I am completely baffled where they could be. Any idea where I can buy those unique bolts or what they are actually called so I can start asking Uncle Google where to buy therm?

Did you screw them back into the holes when the cover was off? I do that to keep track of them.

That is something I would do too but I checked and they are not there. Even had the wife go out and give the area some fresh eyes. This will cause sleep loss for me, lol.

Ha, I am the same way. I am meticulous about putting bolts where they originally went during disassembly of anything, especially larger jobs that span weeks or months. I hate it when I see a tool in the garage, don't pick it up, and then I need it and it's not where I last saw it. I did that with my sanding block. I swore up and down it was on the shelf with all the sandpaper in my garage. Two months later, I took my SVX to a meet and opened the trunk, the MF'er was in the damn trunk the whole time.

Archived