LegacyGT.com

New gas Tank

Good day all, I am replacing my gas tank on my 06 LGT 5at and want to know if it is worth putting some type of upgraded fuel pump in??? If so what all would i need to do this? The Original replacement is way out my price range and was gonna use the old one...Thank you in advance for any advice...

Most go with a DW656c, but I think you'll need a tune for that, because it will increase flow.

Google for a fuel pump, I think you'll find them cheaper.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No tune needed to change the fuel pump. Most common used on our cars are DW65C, Walboro 255LPH, DW300C, or the AEM 320LPH. The DW and AEM pumps are direct drop in. The Walboro will require some modification to the fuel pump housing to fit.

Just a heads up, per at least one tuner on the forum the DW65C has declined in quality the last few years. Last friday I actually replaced my DW65C and dropped in the AEM 320LPH (model: 50-1215). I followed this guide and it was pretty straightforward. It probably took me 2 hours with a beer in the middle.

The AEM pump body is the same size but it flows significantly more fuel(I believe stock is 200 LPH vs 320 for the AEM). No reprogramming (tuning) is necessary as the fuel flow rate is controlled from the injector duty cycle not the pump itself.

The AEM pump body is the same size but it flows significantly more fuel(I believe stock is 200 LPH vs 320 for the AEM). No reprogramming (tuning) is necessary as the fuel flow rate is controlled from the injector duty cycle not the pump itself.

Thanks Gex

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Archived