LegacyGT.com

I need help...

So I am trying to get a exhaust for my 08 LGT, I want to do a down pipe then a catback exhaust. The only thing is; is that I see everyone say that if you do a down pipe then you need to get a tune. Would I need to get this tune done by a tuning shop or could I use the accessport if I bought one.

So I am trying to get a exhaust for my 08 LGT, I want to do a down pipe then a catback exhaust. The only thing is; is that I see everyone say that if you do a down pipe then you need to get a tune. Would I need to get this tune done by a tuning shop or could I use the accessport if I bought one.

Accessport will work. It won't be optimised and it may not work the best based on any other unknown modifications you have. A pro tune is about the same price or cheaper then an accessport, it will get you more power and a better running engine. Tuning Alliance and Cryotune are two open source tuners that will tune via email at a great price. Getting a local protune is quicker and much more convenient though it is also more expensive but about the same price or better then an access port.

You have to get a tune though if you like saving money on engine rebuilds.

Archived