LegacyGT.com

Swapping doors

So I'm planning on swapping my '98 GT doors with power windows and locks on to my '95 Brighton. I've heard I might to run into some issues when it comes to wires not being run to the doors in the Brighton. Has anyone done this and can lend some knowledge on the topic?

I haven't done it yet to my car but in order for everything to work , you'll need the cabin harness from the donor car. This is the harness that is part of the one under the dash. So basically not difficult, just very time consuming because you have to gut both cars interiors.

I haven't done it yet to my car but in order for everything to work , you'll need the cabin harness from the donor car. This is the harness that is part of the one under the dash. So basically not difficult, just very time consuming because you have to gut both cars interiors.

Gotcha. Luckily the donor is mostly gutted at this point so it shouldn't be a problem getting that one out. Then I guess just rinse and repeat for the recipient. Sweet, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
How'd it go?

Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet. Shortly before I was going to start other, more important, things started breaking and I figured I should fix the important stuff before doing non-essential things. Since then life has happened I'm in shortly about to leave town to head back to school. If this car doesn't kill itself, at some point in the future I'll find the time to go through with the swap, and when I do so I'll be sure to post about it here.

Archived