LegacyGT.com

Dash cam hardwired install

Hi all,

I seem to be having some grief with the search function..

I recall reading somewhere in this forum a detailed series of posts around a dash cam (possibly a118c or a119) hard wired install.

However I can not for the life of me find these posts again.

Perhaps it is buried somewhere deep in the "What did you do to your 6th gen today" thread.

I am purchasing an a119s and would love if someone could kindly point me in the direction of the posts I am after, or similar.

Or perhaps I imagined the whole thing up in my head!??

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

the adapter for the a119S is long enough to route from the camera down the left side pillar, around the bottom of the pillar down the side of the dash, to the fuse box without removing anything while keeping the wire totally hidden. It is actually long enough to continue under the dash over to the power outlet in the armrest without being seen.

I have a A119 in my 2014 and it is routed just like I described to you

left side of mirror in the black shade on windshield to left A pillar. I just tucked it in there... no reason to remove it. Next I ran it all the way down to the windshield base and shoved it in between the pillar and dash and routed it down the side of the dash zip tied to the brace and it is tucked under the plastic on the center console and then it goes into the console power port

I have a A119 in my 2014 and it is routed just like I described to you

left side of mirror in the black shade on windshield to left A pillar. I just tucked it in there... no reason to remove it. Next I ran it all the way down to the windshield base and shoved it in between the pillar and dash and routed it down the side of the dash zip tied to the brace and it is tucked under the plastic on the center console and then it goes into the console power port

This sounds easy enough, however I would like to hard wire it either into the fuse box or map lights power source.

I just want to keep the power supplies in the centre console free and have a cleaner install :)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Archived